- Folgers consolidated their coffee operations from Kansas City, KS and Sherman, TX to New Orleans, LA to defray shipping costs.
- This project was a consolidation and included the relocation and installation of 12 coffee roasters, 4 packaging lines and blending and grinding equipment from their Kansas City facility as well as coffee silos from a facility in Sherman, TX.
- Areas of the existing facility were renovated to create a new plant entrance, amenities and better GMP controlled access to the operation.
- An existing section of the facility was removed and a 140 foot tall 50,000 square foot processing tower was constructed.
- This project included the addition of utility infrastructure (aspiration, compressed air, tower water, chilled water, and fire quenching systems), as well as a separate flavor storage building with automated delivery and cleaning systems to support the production lines.
- Construction and installation was executed without impact to the plant’s existing operation, and the shutdown, relocation and startup of assets from the Kansas City facility was completed without impact to the supply of product to customers.